A job to be fit for a queen
The Mercury (South Africa) (Published: 28-Jan 2014 4:29 AM, Received: 4:30:27 AM)
Word Count: 116
LONDON: Buckingham Palace was advertising yesterday for a new housekeeping assistant, whose duties include running the royal baths and arranging the tea trays.
The successful applicant for the £14 400 (R265 000)-a-year post will be responsible for "high-quality cleaning, presentation and guest care" at Queen Elizabeth's official London residence.
Duties include "arranging dry-cleaning, care of jewellery, running baths, assisting with dressing and arranging the service of tea and breakfast trays".
The advert on the royal household's web page says the new employee ... must be able to "maintain confidentiality".
Applicants for the 40-hour-a-week job should be "meticulous, with a close attention to detail", and willing to work away from London at times. - Sapa-AFP
(c) 2014 Independent Newspapers (Pty) Limited. All rights strictly reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: A job to be fit for a queen
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat