WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — HanesBrands Inc. said Tuesday that it is raising its dividend 50 percent, or 10 cents , to 30 cents after recent strong earnings growth. The T-shirt and underwear maker will pay the dividend on March 11 to shareholders as of Feb. 18 . The company, based in Winston-Salem, N.C. , owns brands such as Hanes , Champion and Playtex. It bought a competitor, Maidenform, in October for about $583 million . In the first nine months of last year, HanesBrands' net income more than tripled. The company expects to report its fourth-quarter results on Wednesday. HanesBrands shares fell 3 cents to close at $64.17 and were unchanged in after-hours trading.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11