TOKYO , Jan. 29 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The U.S. dollar traded in the lower 103 yen zone early Wednesday morning in Tokyo , up from its levels in New York overnight. At 9 a.m. , the dollar fetched 103.25-33 yen compared with 102.88-98 yen in New York and 102.78-79 yen in Tokyo at 5 p.m. Tuesday . The euro was quoted at $1.3654-3654 and 140.95-99 yen against $1.3665-3675 and 140.66-76 yen in New York and $1.3664-3665 and 140.44-48 yen in Tokyo late Tuesday afternoon. In New York overnight, dollar-buying took the upper hand against the yen, considered a relatively safe asset, as the recent falls of emerging market currencies halted and stock prices in major European and U.S. markets rose, dealers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint