This morning, Comcast (CMCSA) reported fourth quarter earnings of $1.91 billion, or 72 cents per share, as revenue rose by 6% to $16.93 billion. Excluding one-time items, the company would have earned 66 cents per share, falling just short of Wall Street's estimates. In the report, Comcast noted that it would increase its quarterly dividend by 15% to 22.5 cents per quarter and boost its share buyback plan to $7.5 billion. Despite the earnings miss, investors were pushing shares of Comcast higher as the stock has gained more than 2.5% this morning. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Earn3012814&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001