Jan. 29 --REVENUE RUT -- Yahoo's fourth-quarter results released Tuesday showed the Internet company is still struggling to attract online advertisers who are spending more money at rivals such as Google Inc. and Facebook Inc. RISING PROFITS: The company is still managing to make more money because of cost-cutting and lucrative investments in two other Internet companies in Asia : Alibaba Group in China and Yahoo Japan . PATIENCE, PLEASE: After 18 months on the job, Yahoo Inc. CEO Marissa Mayer is still telling investors it might take several years for the company's revenue to surge. She envisions modest growth beginning in the second half of this year. ___ (c)2014 The Oklahoman Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?