MANAMA : BFC Group Holdings , the holding company of Bahrain Financing Company (BFC), yesterday announced it has been chosen for the 'World Finance 100' award for 2013. The 'World Finance 100' award by British magazine , World Finance, honours 100 successful companies and businessmen around the world who have proven to be pioneers in their respective fields. A research team elects 500 nominees, with 10 per cent being selected from the Middle East and invite users from their website and publication's audience to vote via email or social media engagement. The final decision is based on voting results and award criteria scores. BFC Group's inclusion in the 'World Finance 100' was acknowledgement of its outstanding performance and growth in recent years. The group was established in 2009 when Islamic financial institution Bank Alkhair acquired a significant stake in BFC in Bahrain , Bahrain Exchange Company in Kuwait , BFC Exchange in the UK and its subsequent launches of BFC Forex in India and BFC Exchange in Malaysia . "We are very proud to be recognised as a leader in our industry," BFC Group managing director and chief executive Ebrahim Nonoo said. He added that the group had experienced many changes over the last few years and as the industry continued to grow, the company remained strong and resilient in existing markets. BFC Group maintains a network of more than 110 strategically located branches throughout Bahrain , Kuwait , the UK , India and Malaysia . In addition, it is present in more than 30 countries with more than 40,000 agent locations worldwide, through its own money transfer product 'EzRemit' and has an extensive global reach of more than 200 countries through its partnership with MoneyGram , a leading international money transfer company.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence