White maize for delivery in July dropped by the R80 daily limit, or 3.2 percent, to R2 388 a ton by the noon close on the SA Futures Exchange . Yellow maize for the same month fell 3 percent to R2 298 a ton. Those were the lowest prices since October 30 last year for most-active contracts for both types. Wheat for delivery in March declined 0.2 percent to R3 836 a ton. Soya beans for the same delivery month rose 0.4 percent to R6 290 a ton. - Bloomberg Pretoria News
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party