Mobile PCs and smartphones represent the top revenue opportunities for high-speed wireless integrated circuit (IC) suppliers, as these are projected to be the highest-volume applications in the market over the next 5-years.
Between 2013 and 2018 more than 400 million ICs are projected to ship into the mobile PC market, which will generate a global revenue of
During this period, more than 80 million ICs are projected to ship into the smartphone market with a global revenue to exceed
A high-speed wireless device includes one of the following technologies: WirelessHD, WHDI, 802.11ad (WiGig) or multi-stream Wi-Fi.
Shipments of high-speed, wireless mobile PCs are forecasted to exceed 125 million devices driven by adoption of the multi-stream WiFi.
The use of high-speed wireless mobile PCs will span for both consumers and enterprise markets. High-speed wireless-enabled PCs will be used to stream HD content to the TV on the home network. In the office, it will be able to receive and transfer large files in seconds and act as source device for larger displays for use in video conferencing.
Annual shipments will reach 36 million devices, driven by the use of 60 gigahertz technology. The use for this kind of device is for HD video streaming from the smartphone to the TV within the home network.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11