As Super Bowl XLVIII approaches on
The findings were based on traffic to the BuyVia app from
• A small number of users clicked though and purchased TVs using a smartphone, as compared to same time frame in 2013 when no users made TV purchases through this method. “Unlike last year when we didn’t record any of these purchases leading up to Super Bowl time, it’s an indicator of a notable behavioral shift, a willingness to buy big ticket items like large screen TVs digitally with mobile devices. This phenomenon is attributed to the “showrooming,” when people check out products in person before buying them digitally,” said
• People who purchased the TVs purchased them primarily at retailers
Other key trends from BuyVia’s analysis include:
• 60” TVs are very popular leading up to the Super Bowl, as 35% of TV searches on the site/app are for these size units. “Most are only
• 96% of TV searches on the site/app are for LCD and LED TVs as “Plasma and 3D TVs are dead,” said Fong.
• “Smart TV functions are too costly and limiting” said Fong, as only 11% of TV searches on the site/app are for them.
• Currently, 4K TVs are way too expensive and there is no source material. The cheap
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11521329.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU