PilotManu, a project developed to reduce the barriers to market for highly innovative materials by piloting commercial applications, has officially launched. Funded by the
Now in its tenth year of business, CPI is a part-private, part-publicly-funded organisation and part of the
The PilotManu project will lower the barriers to market for the use of highly innovative advanced materials by scaling-up the current research-scale manufacturing facility into an industrial pilot line. This will increase the productivity of the technology enabling the supply of cost-effective and high quality materials, which will then be evaluated in several different commercial applications. The project will demonstrate the technological and economical viability of the pilot line by incorporating these advanced materials into coatings, abrasive tools and additive manufacturing applications.
CPI will perform an initial market analysis, an economic assessment of the pilot line that will be developed, and exploitation and dissemination of the project.
PilotManu therefore fits in the trans-sectorial activities of the Key Enabling Technologies (KET) that cut across many technology areas and in particular Nanotechnology Advanced Manufacturing Systems and Advanced Materials with a high potential to transform the European manufacturing sector.
For further information on the PilotManu project please visit http://www.pilotmanu.eu or email your enquiry to info(at)pilotmanu(dot)eu.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11516438.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness