ENP Newswire -
Release date- 27012014 -
PLDT President and CEO
'With its extensive fiber optic network, the
PLDT Technology Group Head Rolando Pena said the
'This new vital link from Palawan to Iloilo will provide future-proof transmission facilities that are capable of supporting higher bandwidth, higher availability and access to the IP-based mode of data transport,' Pena added.
PLDT earlier completed the installation of over 150 kilometers of submarine fiber optic cables amounting to over
Aside from the undersea cable link, the Palawan-Iloilo DFON network will be supported with inland transport facilities that run from
The DFON Palawan network is equipped with a 40 Gigabit capacity that can easily expandable to 100 Gigabit to support the ever-increasing demand for greater bandwidth by corporate and individual subscribers.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?