TORONTO _ Some of the most active companies traded Monday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange : Toronto Stock Exchange (13,582.29 down 135.47 points): Fortis Inc. (TSX:FTS.IR). Utilities. Down four cents , or 0.13 per cent, to $30.45 on 6.8 million shares. Air Canada (TSX:AC.B). Airline. Down 53 cents , or 5.74 per cent, to $8.70 on 5.3 million shares. Baja Mining Corp. (TSX:BAJ). Miner. Up one cent , or 20 per cent, to six cents on 4.8 million shares. Tuscany International Drilling Inc. (TSX:TID). Oil and gas. Down two cents , or 40 per cent, to three cents on 4.6 million shares. Calmena Energy Services Inc. (TSX:CEZ). Oil and gas. Unchanged at 1.5 cents on 4.6 million shares Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Aerospace. Up four cents , or 1.04 per cent, to $3.90 on 4.2 million shares. The company says it's close to finalizing an agreement to start producing its Q400 propeller-driven airliners in Russia . A deal to establish a joint venture with state corporation Rostec could lead to some 100 turboprops, valued at US$3.4 billion at list prices, being built for the Russian market. Toronto Venture Exchange (951.75 down 15.56 points): Fission Uranium Corp. (TSXV:FCU). Miner. Up one cent , or 0.84 per cent, to $1.20 on 6.3 million shares Corazon Gold Corp. (TSXV:CGW). Miner. Unchanged at 0.5 cents on 5.6 million shares. Companies reporting major news: Canadian National Railway Company (TSX:CNR). Up two cents , or 0.03 per cent, to $57.95 on 951,633 shares. A municipal official in Edmundston, N.B. , says crews are emptying one of five freight cars that is carrying liquid butane after they derailed south of the city on the weekend. City general manager Marc Michaud says firefighters and special work crews from CN are at the scene of the derailment in the community of Saint-Basile and that the situation is under control.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?