MAYBANK KE Research has maintained its "buy" call on Gamuda with a target price of RM5.30 for its earnings growth prospects and undemanding valuations. In a note on Monday, Maybank KE said Gamuda remains confident of clinching the project delivery partner (PDP) role for the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit 2 (KVMRT2) despite whispers on the contrary. "However, the Gemas-Johor Baru double track rail construction award has been further delayed to 2015 from late-2014. "Meanwhile, property sales has remained robust, especially in Horizon Hills . As for its water assets sale, potential invocation of S114 WSIA has raised concern on the offer value." It added that the risk of the invocation of S114 could induce short-term negative sentiment on the stock, although the impact on the water asset sales is not certain yet. The government's final go-ahead for the KVMRT 2 and appointment of its PDP is expected to be announced in first quarter of this year. "Gamuda-MMC is confident of clinching the PDP role, riding on their track record in managing the KVMRT 1 construction."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign