Cancer is one of the biggest threats in healthcare today, it also known as a open source of investment opportunities.
Cancer detection and treatment focused companies attract almost
The number of patients detected with cancer on the rise to 1.4 million from 1.2 million, cancer care presents various business opportunities.
The healthcare and life sciences (HLS) companies in VC investments rose to 13.1% compared to 8.3% in the previous year. The share of IT & ITeS companies remained the same during 2013 at 63% and the share of other industries like education, financial services and energy declined.
The HLS industry attracted 27 VC investments worth
Maternity and child-care chains were in favour with VC investors raising
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?