The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas and Amegy Bank were recently joined by U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in announcing a $500,000 Affordable Housing Program grant to Temenos Community Development Corp. to assist in the construction of an apartment complex in Houston for very low-income and homeless residents. "The lack of affordable rental housing is one of the greatest economic challenges of our time," Lee said. "Millions of renters are unable to find affordable rental housing. Affordable housing is about more than just rent; it is about ensuring that we maintain the ladder that makes America a land of opportunity." Temenos Place Apartments II will contain 80 efficiency units within a four-story building. It is located on the east side of Highway 59 , near Houston's East Downtown area and a quarter of a mile from its sister property, the current KnowlesTemenos Place Apartments .
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March