The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas and Amegy Bank were recently joined by U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in announcing a $500,000 Affordable Housing Program grant to Temenos Community Development Corp. to assist in the construction of an apartment complex in Houston for very low-income and homeless residents. "The lack of affordable rental housing is one of the greatest economic challenges of our time," Lee said. "Millions of renters are unable to find affordable rental housing. Affordable housing is about more than just rent; it is about ensuring that we maintain the ladder that makes America a land of opportunity." Temenos Place Apartments II will contain 80 efficiency units within a four-story building. It is located on the east side of Highway 59 , near Houston's East Downtown area and a quarter of a mile from its sister property, the current KnowlesTemenos Place Apartments .
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'