technology centre offers IT lessons for pupils and teachers -->
A technology hub that aims to boost the IT skills of both students and teachers has opened in
It aims to show the public new, innovative ways of teaching and learning. Telecoms firm Etisalat and software giant
The hub features touch screens that have video conferencing and experimental educational tools. Up to 60 people can access live sessions and connect technology hubs together. There is also a multimedia production room that can be used to make tutorials and videos. The room includes an electronic whiteboard that is used to create electronic content.
Massih said: "We believe that empowered educators, supervisors and school leaders will help bring innovation in teaching and learning to the students inside and outside the classroom and give them 21st century skills for lifetime employability and entrepreneurship."
Links to the content created in the hub, such as revision classes, will be available via the Duroosi YouTube channel, another e-learning initiative from the ministry, Etisalat, and
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes