The number of Czechs using mobile Internet exceeded 5mn in 2013, CTK news agency reported citing data from the operators. The growing popularity of mobile Internet is supported by rising sales of smart phones and attractive tariffs offering unlimited access. Smart phones account for more than half of the mobile phones sold in the country.
Mobile operators also continuously increase the speed in their networks as T-Mobile CR is the fastest operator as it raised the speed by 39% to 7.6 Mbit/s. Telefonica CR follows with a maximum data transfer speed of 5.2 Mbit/s, ahead of Vodafone CR with 4.4 Mbit/s.
The data transfer speed is expected to further increase with the extension of the LTE networks. Each of the three mobile phone operators in the country bought frequencies in a 4G auction held in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign