* Four Curved UHD TVs give European consumers a cinematic experience
* The WW9000 washer blends smart laundry capabilities with elegant design
* A powerful line-up of mono laser printers, colour laser printers and multi-function printers combines NFC and Wi-Fi Direct technologies for effortless printing
* The Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets feature a world-class display with enhanced productivity to set a new rule for the tablet category
Outlining his vision for the future of the consumer electronics industry,
Among Samsung's key products shown at its
- The 78-inch U8500 Samsung Curved UHD TV is the most curved TV in the world. It provides the best picture quality from a normal watching distance of 3-4 meters and also comes with a Auto Depth Enhancer where viewers can also experience a 3D effect without glasses
- Samsung also announced partnerships with global media and content companies such as
- The new WW9000 washer delivers elegant design and performance that lets people take care of household chores quickly and easily. The Food Showcase refrigerator with clever internal storage design and innovative fridge technology that keeps food fresh longer.
- For easy, on-the-go printing that combines NFC and Wi-Fi Direct technologies, Samsung unveiled its new mono laser printers and multi-function printers, the ProXpress M2880 Series, as well as its series of colour laser printers and multi-function printers, the ProXpress C1860 Series
- The Samsung's 12.2-inch Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets both have an industry-leading WQ-XGA display, offering crystal clear resolution with more than 4 million pixels, for a best-in-class tablet experience for both content consumption and powerful productivity. The Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO line is completed by the Galaxy TabPRO 10.1-inch and 8.4-inch as well. All Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets are running the most recent version of Android 4.4
- The UD590 is Samsung's 2014 Ultra High Definition (UHD) monitor that delivers detailed, high-pixel imaging and stunningly realistic colours. The UD590 delivers unrivaled detail colour quality, capable of displaying one billion colours, which is 64 times more than the standard monitor. It also includes UHD up-scaling technology that converts low resolution content to UHD-level picture quality and creates sharper images
- The NX30 interchangeable-lens camera has an advanced 20.3 MP
The ultimate immersive experience with Samsung Curved UHD TV
Samsung continues to lead the TV industry with the Curved UHD TV series. Samsung's U8500 Curved UHD TV provides a wider field of view, a panoramic effect that makes the TV seem even bigger than it is, offering twice the enhanced contrast ratio of a flat TV. Additionally, viewers can experience a 3D effect without glasses with the new Auto Depth Enhancer feature. Above all, Samsung's Curved UHD TV has a curve of 4,200R making it the most curved TV in the world - creating the perfect viewing experience so everyone watching the TV can enjoy the best seat in the house.
Samsung's UHD TV experience is further enhanced through new proprietary technologies that provide incredible image depth, detail and colour, including PurColour(TM) technology, which expresses more detailed shades, and a UHD upscaling process that converts HD and Full HD content to near-UHD quality.
Research shows that a majority of potential TV buyers worry that they might shop at the wrong moment, just before new technology becomes available. Samsung demonstrated that it still is the only company that offers truly future-ready TVs, releasing its first "evolution kit" for UHD TVs. The evolution kit -available both for selected HD and all UHD TVs - is effectively a brain transplant for the TV, to make sure it works with the latest standards and is powered by the newest technology.
Samsung's TVs are also becoming even smarter, with a new Multi-Link feature that brings contextual multitasking to the big screen, as well as a newly designed
Finally, Samsung welcomed a new addition to its wireless audio multi-room sound system family, the M7 unit, which lets listeners enjoy tether-free entertainment anywhere in the house, from virtually any audio source.
The WW9000 is Samsung's latest washing machine designed specifically for the European market. The washer features an extra-large door for easier opening and closing, and it has a minimalist frame with a translucent, deep-blue crystal finish for a gorgeous finish. A large 5-inch colour Full Touch Screen is included for simple, smart controls.
The washer also features a Auto Optimal Wash option, which uses four sensing technologies that determine the optimum wash cycle, temperature, washing time, rinse cycle and spin speed based on the size of the laundry load, how dirty the clothes are.
Not only is the WW9000 smart, but it is fast. The Super Speed Wash feature completes laundry in 60 minutes--for 5kg loads with default settings--by quickly filing the drum with water through its twin water supply. There are also six pre-programmed Specialty Cycles that provide added convenience by allowing users to select the required washing cycle without going through complicated settings.
People can control these settings through a Smart Control application on their smartphone.
While the WW9000 helps to reduce laundry time, it also reduces energy levels by using a unique ecobubbleTM bubble generator that dissolves detergent quicker, penetrates through clothes faster, and uses less hot water to save energy on every load.
Samsung also introduced the Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator, which blends functionality, technology and design into a customised model for the European market. The refrigerator combines outstanding looks with clever internal storage design and innovative fridge technology that keeps food fresh longer and creates more space inside. It is equipped with an exterior door ShowCase compartment for easy access to cooking sauces, drinks and snacks, as well as an interior InnerCase compartment for longer-term storage of larger, fresh foods. To ensure freshness, the ShowCase is equipped with a Metal Cooling door and the InnerCase with a
The Food Showcase Refrigerator also features a Water and Ice Dispenser that makes it easy to enjoy refreshing, chilled and filtered water and to fill a pitcher with cubed or crushed ice.
Finally, both the WW9000 and Food Showcase are powered by Samsung's Digital Inverter Technology, which automatically adjusts the speed of the key components such as motor and compressor depending on how hard it has to work. As a result, consumers get more durability, less noise and energy savings--all backed by a 10-year warranty on the motor and compressor.
Easy On-the-Go Printing with Samsung's ProXpress Series
In 2013, Samsung underscored its leadership in advanced mobile printing technologies by releasing the C410, the world's first colour laser printer series with NFC capabilities. Today at the
With outstanding speeds and NFC printing capabilities, these printers provide small- to medium-sized businesses with easy, convenient mobile printing. The mono laser printers feature high-speeds of 28 pages per minute, while the colour laser printers can print 18 pages per minute.
Thanks to the NFC and Wi-Fi Direct technologies, users can simply tap their smartphones on the printers to easily and securely print pictures, documents, e-mails and web content. Mobile printing is also supported via Samsung's mobile printing application, which can be downloaded from the Google Play and
Do More, Enjoy More with the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO
Productivity, performance and portability put the "PRO" into Samsung's new line-up of powerful GalaxyPRO tablets. The Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO deliver the industry's best tablet viewing experience with the world's first 12.2-inch WQXGA display incorporating more than 4 million pixels. They have a viewing area that is 48-percent wider than traditional 10-inch tablets, allowing users to enjoy stunning Full HD video play and more information at a glance, as well as a new, more intuitive UX design that enhances every type of content consumption imaginable.
Both models sport advanced productivity features like
For additional value and productivity right out of the box, the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO will come with a selection of pre-loaded or free downloadable premium apps, content and services for the ultimate user content gift package.
Samsung continues to let users choose which size of tablet they want with 8.4" and 10.1" TabPRO models.
Picture Perfect UD590 UHD Monitor
Consumers are now able to bring Samsung's leading 4K UHD technology into the home with Samsung's 28-inch UD590 UHD monitor, which provides four times the resolution of Full HD (FHD) displays. With a response time of 1 millisecond, the UD590 displays movies, games and Internet-streamed content perfectly and smoothly without any blurring or ghosting for a completely immersive viewing experience. Capable of displaying one billion colours, the UD590 delivers unrivalled colour quality which is 64 times more colours than the standard monitor. It also includes UHD up-scaling technology that converts low resolution content to UHD-level picture quality and creates sharper images.
The UD590 features advanced multitasking technology, with Samsung Picture in Picture (PIP) 2.0 which supports native sources resolution of up to FHD, as well as Picture by Picture (PBP) which connects two different PCs to one monitor screen with native resolutions. It has a game mode option that easily makes a dark and blurry picture bright and clear, and provides a display port and two HDMI inputs to connect PCs and various AV devices. The UD590 can also display UHD content from game consoles such as Xbox one, PlayStaion4 using HDMI port 1.4version.
NX30: Discover Life's Hidden Moments with Faster than Ever Image Capture
Samsung's new smart compact system cameras provide the fast connectivity and seamless sharing of pictures that consumers have come to expect from Samsung cameras. The NX30 interchangeable-lens camera includes new and improved technology features, including a powerful DRIMe IV Image processor, 20.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and NX AF System II technology, to capture every moment in brilliant clarity and rich colour. Its tiltable EVF makes it simple to shoot from a different angle and capture shots with a unique perspective. Photo sharing is easier than ever with the NX30's new "Tag & Go" features, while its tiltable EVF makes it simple to shoot from a different angle and capture shots with a unique perspective.
The Android-powered GALAXY Camera 2 combines the quality imaging of a high end camera with intuitive sharing capabilities. The next-generation Galaxy camera is a high performance camera with 16MP and 21x optical zoom and full benefits of the Android platform coupled with improved 28 Smart Mode features.
Samsung also launched a new partnership with Getty Images, a global digital media company, to help people across the globe share their stories through the power of photography. The partnership will bring together the unique capabilities and expertise of Samsung and Getty Images to drive forward connected photography for the benefit of our customers around the world.
Smart WLAN for a Seamless Mobile Experience
The solution lets people enjoy seamless service during voice calls and video play, and a greater throughput when moving between access points. Additionally, Samsung's Traffic Schedule technology ensures the most optimised Wi-Fi service by allocating equal airtime to multiple devices.
In 2013, Samsung applied this solution to its established R&D center in
Samsung aims to accelerate its global wireless enterprise business through the Smart WLAN solution and plans to launch the solution in several markets, starting from this year.
Notes to editors:
For more information on all news from
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com
020 7025 6593
07545 933 674
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday