The company is confident that Voopee will be able to net 500,000 users by year-end.
"When you are overseas, for example, the roaming charges are 20 to 30 times higher per minute. With Voopee, once you download the app, the software will generate a choice of a few three-plus-eight Malaysian numbers that you can choose from.
"Once you've selected a number, you can enable the call forward function, where all your calls will then be forwarded to your Voopee number (created virtually without a need for any additional SIM card). You can disable your Voopee call forward function to resume using your own mobile number," explained Ng.
He said the Voopee connection will deliver high-definition voice quality, adding that he is confident the app will take off in a big way in, among others, Singapore,
Voopee to Voopee calls are free but a call from a Voopee to a non-Voopee number will incur a
Currently, the app is available only for Android smartphones at
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?