Under the system, payments of fines to the
It was launched after a directive by
"Great importance is attached to our mobile apps, as we consider them an effective channel for enabling customers to access government services on the move,"
"Upon launching and subsequently developing this app, Dubai Smart Government was keen on its connected smart government principles, so it tied up with its major partners to offer a convenient app in one place."
The number of downloads for iPhone and Android phones rose by 138 per cent to 13,606 last year, from 5,720 downloads in 2012.
The number of transactions increased to 95,867 from 38,886 in the same period, up by 147 per cent.
The amount of money collected through mPay rose by 265 per cent from about Dh8.7m by the end of 2012 to about Dh31.8m by the end of last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time