Under the system, payments of fines to the
It was launched after a directive by
"Great importance is attached to our mobile apps, as we consider them an effective channel for enabling customers to access government services on the move,"
"Upon launching and subsequently developing this app, Dubai Smart Government was keen on its connected smart government principles, so it tied up with its major partners to offer a convenient app in one place."
The number of downloads for iPhone and Android phones rose by 138 per cent to 13,606 last year, from 5,720 downloads in 2012.
The number of transactions increased to 95,867 from 38,886 in the same period, up by 147 per cent.
The amount of money collected through mPay rose by 265 per cent from about Dh8.7m by the end of 2012 to about Dh31.8m by the end of last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property