Slovak state-owned postal services company Slovenska Posta ( Slovak Post ) is expected to post a net profit of EUR 2mn for 2013, swinging from a loss of EUR 2.7mn in 2012, Pravda daily reported. This would be the company's first profitable year following three consecutive years with losses, Slovenska Posta's spokesperson Stanislava Pondelova said. Pondelova added that revenue from international postal services, courier services and financial services contributed the most to Slovenska Posta's 2013 performance but gave no figures. The company's CEO Thomas Drucker said that the company will aim to remain profitable in the next years without cutting jobs. Slovenska Posta had 14,300 employees and more than 1,500 branches and sales points throughout the country as of the end of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March