Slovak state-owned postal services company Slovenska Posta ( Slovak Post ) is expected to post a net profit of EUR 2mn for 2013, swinging from a loss of EUR 2.7mn in 2012, Pravda daily reported. This would be the company's first profitable year following three consecutive years with losses, Slovenska Posta's spokesperson Stanislava Pondelova said. Pondelova added that revenue from international postal services, courier services and financial services contributed the most to Slovenska Posta's 2013 performance but gave no figures. The company's CEO Thomas Drucker said that the company will aim to remain profitable in the next years without cutting jobs. Slovenska Posta had 14,300 employees and more than 1,500 branches and sales points throughout the country as of the end of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista