Slovak state-owned postal services company Slovenska Posta ( Slovak Post ) is expected to post a net profit of EUR 2mn for 2013, swinging from a loss of EUR 2.7mn in 2012, Pravda daily reported. This would be the company's first profitable year following three consecutive years with losses, Slovenska Posta's spokesperson Stanislava Pondelova said. Pondelova added that revenue from international postal services, courier services and financial services contributed the most to Slovenska Posta's 2013 performance but gave no figures. The company's CEO Thomas Drucker said that the company will aim to remain profitable in the next years without cutting jobs. Slovenska Posta had 14,300 employees and more than 1,500 branches and sales points throughout the country as of the end of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Sina Loses License Over Porn