Meethaq, in association with Sahar Askalan Legal Advocacy & Consultancy, hosted a seminar which highlighted risks and core legal issues in Islamic banking. Oliver Agha, Partner, Head of Islamic Finance & MENA Practices, Holland & Knight – Abu Dhabi , addressed the seminar at Bank Muscat head office, attended by Islamic banking representatives in the Sultanate. Agha shared his insights on 'Islamic finance risks and how to avoid them' as well as 'Core legal risks, documentation issues and standardisation' in Islamic banking. Sulaiman Al Harthy , Group General Manager – Islamic Banking, said: "Meethaq is proud to facilitate yet another opportunity to raise awareness on important Islamic banking aspects. As the pioneer of Islamic banking in Oman , Meethaq is committed to offering unique learning opportunities. The event reaffirms the bank's focus on Islamic banking development in Oman ." Sahar Askalan said: "We are proud to join hands with Meethaq and organise this seminar which has shed light on important aspects of Islamic banking. We thank Bank Muscat for this initiative in promoting Islamic banking in Oman ."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO