The Croatian government has issued state guarantees to state-owned railway passenger carrier HZ Putnicki Prijevoz, allowing it to take a HRK 816.2mn ( EUR107mn ) loan from the local development bank HBOR, the transport ministry said on Jan 23 . The funds will be used for the purchase of 44 new motor trains,of which 32 are electromotive and 12 diesel trains, the ministry said on its website. The ten-year loan has a 6% annual interest on the amount expressed in euro. It should be paid back in 40 equal quarterly installments, first of which is due on Sep 30, 2020 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?