A woman who lives in the same Battle Creek, Mich., apartment complex was charged Friday with stabbing the father of R&B star Mary J. Blige.
Thomas Blige, 63, remained in critical condition Friday at a hospital in Kalamazoo, the Detroit Free Press reported. Cheryl White, 50, was charged with assault with intent to murder at her arraignment in Calhoun County District Court and was held on $500,000 bail.
Police said Blige identified White as his assailant after he was found in a pool of blood outside his apartment. The confrontation began when Blige saw White letting the air out of the tires on his SUV, police reports said.
White was still wearing clothes covered in blood when police found her in her apartment.
While Blige shares an apartment with another man, he and White both live in the Arbors of Battle Creek. Police said they had been called to the complex several times in the past few months because of domestic violence incidents between Blige and White.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Woman charged with stabbing Mary J. Blige's father
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems