Doug Millard , curator of space at the Science Museum , replies: At the moment we do not know whether there are such things as aliens. We read about them in stories and watch them on television and at the cinema, but all of these are made up - they are not real. Aliens may exist, but until we have seen them or heard from them or found some clues that they really exist then we cannot say for sure. What we do know is that there are probably millions of planets out there in space - well beyond our solar system - and that some may support forms of life. Unfortunately, it will be many centuries before we are able to travel to these planets, so for now we must just use telescopes to look at them. Hopefully in a few years we will have new, powerful and very advanced technology - a bit like the Hubble space telescope - that will be able to detect any clues of alien life that may be out there. If you're 10 or under, and have a question that needs answering, email email@example.com , and we'll ask an expert for you.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?