The total liquid foreign reserves of the country stand at dollars 8.16804 billion , said State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). SBP’s weekly statement issued here on Thursday said that the foreign reserves held by State Bank on January 17, 2014 amounted $ 3,322.3 million .Whereas, the net foreign reserves held by banks other than SBP amounted $ 4,846.1 million . During the week ending Jan 17 , the SBP’s liquid foreign exchange reserves decreased by $ 145 million to $ 3,322 million compared to $ 3,467 million in the previous week. The decrease in the Central Bank reserves is partly attributed to $ 59 million paid on account of external debt servicing and other official payments. During the week, there was no significant inflow from multilateral and bilateral sources, said SBP.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March