Tamale, Jan.24, GNA- Prices of onion in the Tamale Metropolis have increased sharply from the last week's GH¢11 to GH¢20 this week while that of yam decreased from last week's GH¢10 per three tubers to GH¢5 per the same size this week. Some other major commodities such as pepper, maize, beans and local rice have all had their prices decreased in the two main Aboabo and the Tamale Central markets where the GNA conducted a survey on Friday. For instance maize, which was sold last week at GH¢2.00 is now being sold at GH¢1.50, groundnut is being sold at GH¢6.00 instead of GH¢6.50 while local rice has also been reduced from GH¢6.00 to GH¢4.00 and the price of tomato remained stable. Units Measured in "Olonka" Commodities Current Prices Last week (Dec.) Prices Maize GH ¢ 1.50 GH ¢ 2.00 Tomatoes GH ¢ 7.00 GH ¢ 7.00 Millet sorghum GH ¢ 2.50 GH ¢ 2.50 Beans GH ¢5.00 GH ¢ 8.00 Yam GH ¢ 5.00 (3-tubers) GH ¢ 10.00 Groundnut GH ¢6.00 GH ¢6.50 Wheat GH ¢9.50 GH ¢9.50 Soya beans GH ¢3.50 GH ¢3.50 Onion GH ¢20.00 GH ¢11.00 Pepper GH ¢4.00 GH ¢ 4.50 Local Rice GH ¢4.00 GH ¢ 6.00 Kontomere GH¢ 1.00 GH¢ 1.00 Foreign Rice GH ¢ 9.00 GH ¢ 9.00 GNA
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide