Magrakvelidze is working with Dr.
"I am really happy that I came to Northwest because this is a place that I can learn so much, in research and teaching as well since I get the chance to mentor very smart and motivated undergraduate students," Magrakvelidze said. "Dr. Chakraborty has given me all the confidence and resources I need to explore and further develop my skills."
While deciding where she would complete her postdoctoral fellowship, Magrakvelidze was attracted to the small, family atmosphere at Northwest and found the research Chakaraborty was conducting to be interesting.
"This is going to help the program and the department immensely," Chakraborty said. "The future picture is us being able to produce more research that will lead to further funding. Northwest can give students an edge in nanoscience research, and we hope to provide that opportunity."
Before landing in
During her time at
Northwest Provost Dr.
"As a team, Dr. Chakraborty and Dr. Magrakvelidze will be able to support more research projects and increase the number of undergraduate students who engage in research," Dunham said. "I see this as another way that Northwest's faculty look for ways to support our students' success."
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140125-30Furigayjane-4614614 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes