Jan. 25 -- TRAVERSE CITY --An online webinar is available to help farm producers market commodities at profitable levels. The workshop is called the Introductory Pricing/Marketing Workshop for Grains . The goal is to help farmers identify commodity marketing alternatives that will work for individual farms. The MSU Extension and Michigan Corn Marketing Program will offer the program two nights a week for four weeks starting the first week of February. Participants can attend the workshop at either group meeting locations around the state or at home on their computer. The webinar is taught by Dr. Jim Hilker , MSU professor and extension marketing economist. Hilker has written the Outlook Article in the Michigan Farm News for more than 20 years. Registration is required by Feb. 1 . There is no cost for the workshop series for individuals who can download and print their own materials. Sessions run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 3 , 5, 17, 19, 24 and 25. A group site in northwest Michigan will be at Kingsley High School , 7475 Kingsley Road . Contact Paul Wagner at 231-642-6498. If you have additional questions contact Dennis Stein by email at Steind@anr.msu.edu . ___ (c)2014 The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.) Visit The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.) at record-eagle.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes