Jan. 25 -- TRAVERSE CITY --An online webinar is available to help farm producers market commodities at profitable levels. The workshop is called the Introductory Pricing/Marketing Workshop for Grains . The goal is to help farmers identify commodity marketing alternatives that will work for individual farms. The MSU Extension and Michigan Corn Marketing Program will offer the program two nights a week for four weeks starting the first week of February. Participants can attend the workshop at either group meeting locations around the state or at home on their computer. The webinar is taught by Dr. Jim Hilker , MSU professor and extension marketing economist. Hilker has written the Outlook Article in the Michigan Farm News for more than 20 years. Registration is required by Feb. 1 . There is no cost for the workshop series for individuals who can download and print their own materials. Sessions run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 3 , 5, 17, 19, 24 and 25. A group site in northwest Michigan will be at Kingsley High School , 7475 Kingsley Road . Contact Paul Wagner at 231-642-6498. If you have additional questions contact Dennis Stein by email at Steind@anr.msu.edu . ___ (c)2014 The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.) Visit The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.) at record-eagle.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista