On Jan 20-24 currency operations in Armenian interbank market grew 4-fold, and those at NASDAQ OMX Armenia dropped by 48.7% Yerevan , January 25 . ArmInfo. Svetlana Ovsepyan . On 13-19 Jan 2014 , Armenian banks provided AMD loans worth 37.1 bln AMD and USD loans worth $44 mln . The press service of the Central Bank of Armenia has told ArmInfo that as compared with the previous week, AMD loans dropped by 73.6%, and USD loans - by 91.7%. The source says that in the intrabank currency market (transactions with customers) the banks bought $94.5 mln on Jan 20-24 (up 4.8% versus the previous week) at the average exchange rate of 406.33 AMD/ $1 , and sold $92.5 mln (up 2.4%) at the average exchange rate of 407.52 AMD/ $1 . In the meantime, the banks bought 5.1 mln EUR (down 19%) at the average exchange rate of 551.02 AMD/ 1EUR , and sold 11.7 mln EUR (down 12.6%) at the exchange rate of 554.53 AMD/ 1EUR . The banks also bought 620.9 mln RUR (7.6% decline) at the average exchange rate 11.92 AMD/1RUR and sold 134.3 mln RUR (0.6% rise) at the exchange rate of 12.10 AMD/1RUR. In the interbank currency market currency purchase and sale amounted to $2.350 mln at the average exchange rate of 407.73 AMD/ $1 (4-fold rise). At NASDAQ OMX Armenia currency operations totaled $12.5 mln (48.7% decline) at the average exchange rate of 407.82 AMD/ $1 . The biggest amount of transactions was fixed on 24, 22 and 20 January - $4.6 mln , $2.9 mln and $3.1 mln , respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign