Following is the text of press release issued by
Federal Secretary IT and Telecom Akhlaq Ahmed Tarar,
Addressing as a chief guest,
MoITT has been involving in various mega projects including introduction of Next Generation Technology in the country, establishment of tele-centers in underprivileged cities and village and expansion of branchless banking in the far-flung areas. The ministry is actively working for addressing critical and protracted unresolved issues of grey trafficking of international calls and cyber crimes in the country, which could be curbed in collaboration with different domestic and international agencies and private sector of the country.
The usability of Information and telecom technology is diminished when consumers are victimized by anti-social elements through their malpractices by hackers who directly hit financial transactions illegally, senders of SMS to create harassment, usage of illegal SIMs, usage of mobile phone for terrorist activities and through deceptive marketing practices adopted by various companies offering packages to public on false claims.
All telecom companies should not be allowed in any case to adopt deceptive marketing practices by offering in their sales promotion schemes, bumper Cash prizes , cars and foreign visits to general public, Iqbal demanded and said there should not be hidden charges in the rates/tariff of telecom companies.
The suspension of cell phone services countrywide must be discouraged as ambulance, fire, medical and other essential services are hampered bitterly on these occasions, he added.
CAP Chairman thanked PTA for participating as a Supported Partner,
For more information, contact:
Media Manager - CAP
Tel: +9221 263 9729 and 30
Fax: +9221 263 9740
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum