Semios Technologies, a client of the
Using wireless networks and integrated devices, such as farm-based weather stations and camera-enabled traps, the system lets growers use non-toxic pheromones--the chemicals insects secrete to communicate with each other--for pest control.
This significantly reduces or eliminates the need for toxic insecticides.
"We're obviously thrilled with the win," says Semios founder and CEO
"We are very proud of the work the Semios team has accomplished to date and look forward to great progress with the assistance of this award in 2014. And we're grateful for the expert strategic advisory services we've received from the VentureLabs' team, who've been extremely supportive of everything we're doing.
"In the past two years of field testing in
Semios participated in the sustainability category of the Powerful Answers competition, which promotes innovative technologies to solve some of the world's most pressing problems in the areas of healthcare, education and sustainability.
Semios was the lone Canadian finalist in the competition.
VentureLabs is a world-class business accelerator program delivered by SFU, the
CC Autotriage7sm-140124-30TagarumaMar-4612010 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels