Diagon Alley, an extension of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, is to open this summer at Universal Orlando, the family resort announced.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- Hogsmeade opened at Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010. The section includes the iconic Hogwarts castle, which houses the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction, as well as the shops and eateries of Hogsmeade.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando's second theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the Harry Potter franchise's settings of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
"After arriving at King's Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley -- a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city," Universal said in a news release. "There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts -- a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level."
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Diagon Alley expansion planned at Universal Orlando
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists