Diagon Alley, an extension of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, is to open this summer at Universal Orlando, the family resort announced.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- Hogsmeade opened at Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010. The section includes the iconic Hogwarts castle, which houses the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction, as well as the shops and eateries of Hogsmeade.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando's second theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the Harry Potter franchise's settings of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
"After arriving at King's Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley -- a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city," Universal said in a news release. "There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts -- a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level."
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Diagon Alley expansion planned at Universal Orlando
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips