LomÉ,Togo ( PANA ) - The rural electrification project for Mbour, in Western Senegal, received a major boost Thursday when the ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) and the SCL Energie Solutions of Senegal signed a loan agreement for the partial financing of the project. PANA reported that the EBID President, Mr. Bashir Mamman Ifo , and the Administration Council President of SCL, Mor Kasse , signed the agreement, worth 2.3 billion FCFA, at the head office of the Bank in Lome, Togo . The project is aimed at improving power supply to 111 localities by at least 80%. According to Kasse, Mbour area is a resort city which will benefit from the rural electrification programme to enable it develop tourism, agriculture and other activities in the region. He said the world Bank and other development partners will provide the rest of the financing.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign