Sources Sought Notice - Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System Recapitalization (JSTARS Recap) Battle Management Command & Control (BMC2) Subsystem
Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System Recapitalization (JSTARS Recap) Battle Management Command & Control (BMC2) Subsystem
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: JSR-BMC2-
Place of Performance (address): Hanscom AFBBedford, MA
Place of Performance (zipcode): 01731
Place of Performance Country: US
Air Force Materiel Command
AFLCMC - Hanscom
The current JSTARS system is an airborne Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2) system designed to provide near real-time surveillance and targeting information on moving and stationary ground and surface (maritime) targets. The system also detects slow moving, rotary, and fixed-wing aircraft, and rotating antennas, and has the ability to observe dismounted (personnel on foot) targets. The radar possesses both moving target indicator (MTI) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) modes. SAR mode is primarily used for terrain imaging and stationary target location. The system is designed for worldwide deployment and continuous 24 hour, all weather operation. The recapitalized BMC2 sub system will interact with all elements of the Theater Air Control System (TACS), and many other systems in its operational environment. The TACS includes JSTARS, Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS), Control and Reporting Center (CRC), and Air Operations Centers (AOC). The recapitalized system will receive real time mission re-tasking and sensor tasking requests from ground forces including Brigade/Regimental Combat Teams (B/RCT) through multiple Line of Sight (LOS) and Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) communications paths. Onboard sensors are used to detect, classify, ID, and track moving and stationary ground, maritime targets and support bomb damage assessment useful in restrike decisions. Additionally, the system receives cueing or ID information from traditional or non-traditional ISR assets.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?