BEIJING , January 24 , SinoCast -- China's currency renminbi created a symbolic milestone to squeeze into the world's top ten most commonly-used currencies for payment in November and December 2013 , said SWIFT. Renminbi has exceeded 22 currencies in the past three years and exceeded Singapore dollar and Hong Kong dollar recently to just follow Swiss franc as the market share of renminbi and Swiss franc hit 1.12% and 1.29%. SWIFT said the renminbi payment has still concentrated in Hong Kong , captured 74% of the market by value and recorded a strong growth in the UK , Singapore and Taiwan .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?