Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawy held a meeting on Thursday 23/01/2014 with International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde to discuss the latest economic developments in Egypt and mutual cooperation. Beblawy briefed Lagarde on investment policies adopted by the Egyptian government to create a favorable legislative environment for attracting more investments along with the financial procedures that are meant to address the budget deficit. PM Beblawy hailed as significant the role played by the IMF to support Egypt's economic situation. An agreement was reached to enhance cooperation between Egypt and the Fund during the coming period to take advantage of the unique expertise of the Fund in the field of technical cooperation, Beblawy said during the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March