Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawy held a meeting on Thursday 23/01/2014 with International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde to discuss the latest economic developments in Egypt and mutual cooperation. Beblawy briefed Lagarde on investment policies adopted by the Egyptian government to create a favorable legislative environment for attracting more investments along with the financial procedures that are meant to address the budget deficit. PM Beblawy hailed as significant the role played by the IMF to support Egypt's economic situation. An agreement was reached to enhance cooperation between Egypt and the Fund during the coming period to take advantage of the unique expertise of the Fund in the field of technical cooperation, Beblawy said during the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges