Xbox One And Surface Boost -->
It made a profit of £3.94bn in the three months to the end of December, up nearly 3% on same period in 2012.
Revenue rose in the fourth quarter by 14% to
The firm has also had a solid 12 months on the stock market, with its share price rising around 30% over the previous year.
Surface tablet revenue rose to
The company benefited from a US summer price cut to its first-generation models, unveiled the Surface 2 and expanded the number of places it is sold at retail.
"There's better hardware, the software continues to improve and there's better market perception,"
However, analysts continue to question the company's new focus on manufacturing hardware on top of its mainstay software business.
The Surface division still need to reach manufacturing scale that would make it profitable and knock Apple off its iPad perch.
And the Xbox One, which launched late last year to rival
Market watchers are also concerned about the company's purchase in the current quarter of struggling Finnish firm
PC sales between October and December are estimated to have fallen globally by 6.5%, but
However it did not give figures for the split between Windows 7 or its troubled Windows 8.1 operating system.
Overall, revenue from its devices and consumer segment grew 13% to
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions