Judges Scientific expects adjusted earnings per share for 2013 will be at the higher end of market forecasts. Judges said it had a successful year including the completion of its largest acquisition to date, Scientifica Limited , and an £8.1m placing. The group achieved good organic sales growth and, in addition, Global Digital Systems Limited and Scientifica performed well. Margins and cash generation were satisfactory. After a strong start, order intake softened in the second quarter, a trend experienced by other companies in the sector. The second half showed a gradual improvement leading to an excellent few weeks towards the end of the year. Organic growth in order intake, together with a positive performance by GDS and Scientifica , produced a year-end order book of ten and a half weeks, similar to last year. Judges says the recent strength of sterling is not helpful for export driven industries but it says it has started 2014 with good order visibility, a solid balance sheet and an improved economic environment.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work