Lopez will combine with American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte to sing 'We Are One (Ole Ola)'.
The song was written and co-produced by Pitbull. Leitte said she was looking forward to "dancing samba with Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez in Brazil".
There has been no announcement of when the song will be released. A video is in development.
Speaking at the Maracana stadium on Thursday, Fifa General Secretary Jerome Valcke said: "I think We Are One... is a song that captures the essence of the World Cup, the essence of the World Cup in Brazil.
"I hope that millions of people will soon be dancing to the sound of this music, and I wish the singers every success." Lopez was not there for the announcement.
Columbian singer Shakira wrote 'Waka Waka' for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and the song went on to become a hit across the world.
This year's tournament kicks off on June 12 and finishes on July 13, but concerns remain about the country's preparations for the competition.
Five of the 12 stadiums that will host matches remain incomplete with 140 days until the first game, Brazil v Croatia in Sao Paulo.
(c) Sky News 2014
Original headline: Jennifer Lopez To Record Brazil World Cup Song
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant