The Italian air force has begun using its General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Predator B unmanned air system in
Operating from Herat air base in support of the NATO International Security Assistance ForceÂ€™s Regional Command West organisation, the new type will replace the A-model Predators previously flown by the Italian air force in the country.
Equipped with an electro-optical/infrared sensor and a synthetic aperture radar payload, ItalyÂ€™s unarmed Predator Bs will be used for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance tasks. The type was previously used by the air force during the
ItalyÂ€™s Predator B acquisition totals six air vehicles, plus related equipment.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study