A California man once known as the "Revenge Porn King" has been arrested and charged for allegedly hacking into people's email accounts to steal nude photos.
Hunter Moore, 27, was arrested Thursday in Woodland, Calif., along with Charles Evens, a 25-year-old man in Southern California, CNN reported.
FBI investigators said they believe Moore and Evens hacked into people's email, stole nude photographs and posted them on Moore's website, isanyoneup.com, without getting permission in 2011 and 2012.
Moore allegedly pushed Evens to do the hacking and eventually paid him for the photos and then to post them online.
Both suspects are facing 15 charges, which include aggravated identity theft and conspiracy.
Moore operated the website until 2012, when he sold it to an anti-bullying group.
"The site was just born, actually," Moore said. "It was just a couple of friends and, you know, we had our hearts broken by a couple of girls, and we thought we would make a site. And it became Is Anyone Up. That's how it started. Of course. But when I did start the site, I was hurt, and so was my friends."
"Taking down the site has been something I've wanted to do for months," Moore said. "It was just something I created that got out of hand. It was supposed to be for friends."
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Revenge Porn King' arrested for identity theft, conspiracy
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder