An official says three Florida police officers have been suspended for giving Justin Bieber an unauthorized escort from the airport.
Opa-locka Assistant City Manager David Chiverton said Friday that the officers were suspended with pay pending the outcome of an investigation.
Police escorts from the Opa-locka Executive Airport are not uncommon, but they must follow procedure. Chiverton says the one that accompanied Bieber on Monday had not been authorized.
According to Chiverton, investigators are still trying to get more information from the airport and the officers about where police escorted Bieber.
Bieber was free on bail Friday after an arrest on charges of DUI, driving with an expired license and resisting arrest. Miami Beach police say Bieber smelled of alcohol when he was stopped after drag-racing down a residential street early Thursday.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists