Sir Elton John has invited Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss the new law banning 'homosexual propaganda' in the country.
The 66-year-old English singer-songwriter revealed that he wants to introduce Putin the gay community in the country to discuss the impact the law has had on their lives, Contactmusic reported.
He believes that the LGBT community deserves to be heard and be treated with respect.
The 'Your Song' singer had met gay men and lesbians during his visit to Moscow last December and heard numerous stories from people who had received threats from vigilante groups since the legislation came into force.
John had performed two concerts, which were rumored to be cancelled following the new law which was passed in June, in Moscow. (ANI)
(c) 2014 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Elton John invites Vladimir Putin to discuss gay laws and its impact
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?