Sir Elton John has invited Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss the new law banning 'homosexual propaganda' in the country.
The 66-year-old English singer-songwriter revealed that he wants to introduce Putin the gay community in the country to discuss the impact the law has had on their lives, Contactmusic reported.
He believes that the LGBT community deserves to be heard and be treated with respect.
The 'Your Song' singer had met gay men and lesbians during his visit to Moscow last December and heard numerous stories from people who had received threats from vigilante groups since the legislation came into force.
John had performed two concerts, which were rumored to be cancelled following the new law which was passed in June, in Moscow. (ANI)
(c) 2014 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Elton John invites Vladimir Putin to discuss gay laws and its impact
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya