ENP Newswire - 24 January 2014 Release date- 23012014 - The Supervisory Board of De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Minister of Finance jointly have asked a committee of experts to evaluate the nationalisation of SNS Reaal . Today, this Evaluation Committee on the Nationalisation of SNS Reaal - consisting of Mr R.J. Hoekstra and Mr J.M.G. Frijns - presented its report. DNB, having read the report, is impressed by the thoroughness of the Committee's research effort. SNS Reaal was nationalised on 1 February 2013 under the new Intervention Act, in force since June 2012 . On the basis of this first experience with the new Act, the Evaluation Committee makes several recommendations regarding cooperation, communication between public bodies, governance and further legislation. The report's final conclusion is that the decision to nationalise SNS Reaal was altogether justifiable. DNB is presently studying the report and its recommendations in detail and will send its substantive reaction to the Minister of Finance. The Minister of Finance intends to send the Cabinet's reaction to the report to both Chambers of Parliament, together with DNB's substantive reaction. For further information, please contact Mr Herman Lutke Schipholt at (+31) (0)20 524 2712 or (+31) (0)6 524 96 900.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'