Jan. 24 -- Washington Federal has agreed to acquire 23 Bank of America branches in Arizona and Nevada , the company said late Thursday. The deal, which requires regulatory approval, follows the Seattle -based banking company's acquisition of 51 BofA branches last year in eastern Washington , Idaho , Oregon and New Mexico . Washington Federal said it will retain all the branch employees. Following the deal's completion it will have 258 branches in eight Western states. ___ (c)2014 The Seattle Times Visit The Seattle Times at www.seattletimes.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions