Jan. 24 -- BUCHAREST -- The Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) opened lower the trading session on Friday, all indices having registered declines after the first 30 minutes since the session opening. The BET-C general index dropped 0.2 percent and the BET index reflecting the developments in the 10 most liquid stocks declined 0.11 percent half hour after the trading session opening, although both indices increased in the opening. The BET-FI index of the financial investment companies (SIFs) opened higher, but then dropped 0.05 percent from the opening value. At the same time, the ROTX index decreased 0.16 percent since opening and the BET-XT blue-chip extended index of the 25 most liquid stocks opened slightly higher, but then it declined 0.14 percent after the first half hour of trading. The BET-NG index of the companies in the energy and utilities sector opened lower and lost 0.16 percent in the same time interval. The BET-BK index, the investment funds weighted capitalization index, dropped 0.19 percent. The BVB liquidity amounted to 135,879 euros after the first 30 minutes since the trading opening. The most liquid shares were those of Electroputere Craiova, Romcarbon Buzau and Proprietatea Fund . ___ (c)2014 Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania Visit Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania at www1.agerpres.ro/english Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic