British Prime Minister David Cameron says efforts to eradicate poverty must go hand-in-hand with curbing global warming.
The comments came Friday at an Associated Press debate looking ahead to the expiration of the United Nations' "millennium goals" to reduce poverty, hunger and child mortality and combat disease by 2015, and asking what goals should be set for the next 15 years.
Panelists, who included rock star Bono, agreed that combating climate change must be central to those goals.
The discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, also included officials from Nigeria, Save the Children International and Prudential. It was moderated by AP Senior Managing Editor Michael Oreskes.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Bono, Cameron talk poverty, climate at AP debate
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan