British Prime Minister David Cameron says efforts to eradicate poverty must go hand-in-hand with curbing global warming.
The comments came Friday at an Associated Press debate looking ahead to the expiration of the United Nations' "millennium goals" to reduce poverty, hunger and child mortality and combat disease by 2015, and asking what goals should be set for the next 15 years.
Panelists, who included rock star Bono, agreed that combating climate change must be central to those goals.
The discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, also included officials from Nigeria, Save the Children International and Prudential. It was moderated by AP Senior Managing Editor Michael Oreskes.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Bono, Cameron talk poverty, climate at AP debate
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music