The ambitious project, Bitcloud, aims to provide services currently controlled by Internet service providers (ISPs) and corporations.
The project is based on the same methods used to mine Bitcoins.
According to the
The founders are searching for developers for the project, adding that they will start by decentralising the current Internet, and then create a new Internet to replace it.
According to the report, like Bitcoin miners provide computing power and are rewarded for solving complex mathematical equations with the virtual currency, so individual net users would be rewarded based on how much bandwidth they contribute to the Bitcloud network.(ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU