JNP focuses on the fabrication and application of nanostructures that facilitate the generation, propagation, manipulation, and detection of light from the infrared to ultraviolet regimes. The scope includes theory, modeling and simulation, experimentation, instrumentation, and application.
"We are very pleased to have
Adibi succeeds founding editor-in-chief Akhlesh Lakhtakia of
"I am excited about this opportunity," Adibi said. "My colleagues have done a fantastic job in launching JNP and bringing it to the current state. My goal is to expand the coverage of this journal and add more frequent focused issues to cover state-of-the-art research. I will seek feedback and advice from my colleagues and experts in the field to form a comprehensive plan that positions JNP among the top journals in the field."
Adibi is a world leader in the field of integrated nanophotonics and has extensive experience in design, optimization, simulation, and fabrication of integrated photonic structures for optical sensing, optical communications, and optical signal processing. His group has demonstrated multiple photonic structures, especially resonators and spectrometers, with world-record performance.
A Fellow of
Adibi received his PhD in electrical engineering from
Among his many prestigious awards are the SPIE Technology Achievement Award, Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the National Science Foundation CAREER Award, and the Packard Fellowship from the
TNS 24HariCha-140124-30FurigayJane-4612750 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years